Scheduling regular dental visits are essential to your health, we recommend at least two visits per year. Frequent visits allow your dentist, Emerson Lake, DDS to evaluate your oral health consistently and understand your specific dental conditions, paving the way for personalized treatment.
Process of Dental Exams and X-Rays
Digital photography, digital x-rays, diagnodent caries (cavity) detector and a perio probe is used to document the existing condition of the teeth and gums.
- Medical history review: The dentist will determine how any medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any indication of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: We will make sure current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are in good order.
At Lake Dental, we generally take bitewing x-rays every 12 months and a panographic x-ray, which revolves around the head, every 3-5 years.
If you are overdue for a dental exam and x-ray, call Lake Dental in Granite Bay, California to set up an appointment today.